Locksmith Scams – Be Proactive, stay informed
The need to hire professional locksmith may arise anytime as they provide a wide range of services for home and offices. A highly skilled and certified locksmith is the only safe option for your home or business. Be alert and make sure to make a thorough research on the local locksmiths and do collect feedback regarding their services.
The locksmith scammers are the most common issue in the industry at the present.
Individuals pretending to be a locksmith are scammers who come to work with minimal or no training, no valid work-related license and will not stick to the price quotation initially discussed and mutually agreed on call.
In order to mitigate the risk of these scammers, awareness should be raised. The value you see online won’t be the value you pay toward the finish of the service. The maxim goes, “If it’s unrealistic, it typically is”, that is positively the situation with regards to con artists. A $15 entryway open never is $15, more like $85 to $150 and at times higher.
An International association of security professionals and locksmiths, ‘the Associated Locksmiths of America’ are circulating an alert for consumers to create awareness danger and security concerns of making negligent hiring of locksmiths to handle your belongings.
According to ALOA’s Executive Director, David M. Lowell, the campaign calls for consumers who are locked-out with large ads that give the impression you are calling a local business.
To deceive and make them look like genuine, these fake companies manage to portray listing with inaccurate addresses and invalid contact details but very similar to your vicinity details. In fact, the individuals most of the time is getting out of state operations that are not locksmith organizations by any stretch of the imagination. The buyer is quoted a sensible cost on call while making a booking, however when a man acting like a locksmith completes the task, the person deceived is being asked to pay high amount for sub-standard and worthless work.
Pay attention to following details to avoid being victim of such scams:
- The ALOA genuine logo, this signals a company as qualified member with authorization to carry out such activities.
- You should be alarmed when you call a number for booking and you find on the web or in the business repository and they don’t identify themselves as their legitimate business name while responding. Hang-up and opt for other one.
- Ask for estimated price in writing on respective letterhead for whatever service you opt for or in need of.
- You should get an itemized bill for services acquired. A certified locksmith will not work without prior approval and discussion.
- Clearly marked company’s vehicle and proper uniform is the sign of professional services. They will likewise have the capacity to give you a substantial locksmith permit or work license if required.
You can always refuse to acquire service at any point of time if you are feeling unsafe or unsatisfactory. Or in extreme circumstances calling up local security or police station will serve the purpose.
We encourage you to be proactive in this matter and record the telephone number of a trusted locksmith into your telephone directory before you require one in the emergency. Stay alert, informed and pass on the information you have to family, companions, neighbors. Nothing is more essential than the wellbeing and security of your family and home, workers and business.