We all want to feel secure in our homes. And in order to do that, we need to arm ourselves with the toughest front door locks that make thieves think twice about getting our beloved 4K Ultra HDTV screen. Obviously, you don’t want just any lock, which is why many locks today are rated based on the ANSI system.
ANSI Lock Grading System
ANSI stands for American National Standards Institute, and the grading system measures just how much security a lock provides. Basically, it breaks down into three categories- Grade 3, Grade 2, and Grade 1 locks providing the highest security available. A lock is an important investment for you to make, and it should not be taken lightly. Below are some of the most highly secure residential front door locks in 2018 that you can go to sleep and feel perfectly safe about.
- A powerful deadbolt lock with an ANSI Grade 1 rating, so it’s very hard to pick. This lock also has a strike plate which makes it harder for someone to kick the lock in or break down the door.
- Medeco has a long history of making near impenetrable locks that take forever to open in the industry. This is a top- rated attack- resistant deadbolt that sports a hardened cylinder and a bright brass finish that keeps the thieves away.
- This is a keyless entry lock that is easy to install and maintain. It functions on four double A batteries and has an indicator to prevent a break in due to dead batteries. Additionally, the Keyless lock automatically locks itself after 30 seconds, so it functions very much like a modern car lock system where you don’t have to worry whether you locked the car or not.
- Voted the number one Smart Lock on the market, this lock has no key at all. It basically operates remotely and gives you the power to let people in from the palm of your hand. The range is almost limitless, so you could let friends or family in even if you’re on vacation in Germany.
- This is one of the best Mortise Locks on the market, meaning that it provides better security than deadbolt locks on average. With a grade 1 ANSI Rating, this lock strikes fear in the hearts of burglars as it sits recessed in the frame of the door. That gives it more security than a lock that’s placed outside the door where a thief could tamper with it easier.
- This is an emerging technology that uses your phone’s Bluetooth to open the lock. The phone app will send notifications of what’s happening with the lock so you can manage it better. You can even share something called eKeys with your friends and family so they can access your property without you physically being there.
- This deadbolt has keyholes on both sides and has an ANSI Grade 1 rating, meaning that it is one of the most secure locks on the market. Its design fits most doors due to its adjustable latch.
Safe And Secure Lock Installation
These locks help you feel safe and secure in your home while you’re fast asleep. That’s what a lock should do. If you need a more professional touch or professional installation service, then Locksmith Burbank is your go-to locksmith for any kind of front door locks installation you need.
Locksmith Burbank is the industry leader in safe and secure lock installation. When you need the lock installed right, just give us a call at (818) 847-7199. We’re here for you day and night, 24 hours a day.